Supporting Small Business Owners, Entrepreneurs and
Organizations worldwide to Create Sustainable Businesses,
Right Livelihoods & Purposeful Work for Everyone!
PURPOSEFUL BUSINESS CIRCLES (PBCs) are groups for entrepreneurs and small business owners looking to bring clarity to their work and business as they evolve themselves and their purpose in the world. We are a community of like-minded individuals interested in developing more sustainable, viable growth models for all -- starting with ourselves. With the theme of "Where the East and the West Come Together," we are currently inviting individuals from the Washington, DC area to attend in-person and individuals from developing countries and emerging markets to join us via Skype in a learning-from-each-other model.
You will leave each PBC working session:
- Charged up again about your work/business/organization.
- Confident that substantial changes are in store and will happen.
- Knowing how to leverage the key factors that make you unique in the marketplace.
- With an expanded mindset about what is possible through your work.
- More confident and courageous to take greater risk.
- With prosperous actions needed to gain more of the right business and income.
- Knowing you have substantially helped other individuals succeed.
"The PBC has helped me increase my confidence level that has reinvigorated my business and allowed me to see new opportunities even in areas that were not problems I proposed to the group. For example, I have actively sought business with 10 to 15 organizations that I would not have thought of before. The Circle has helped me clarify the value proposition my firm offers clients. Also, I've made good friends."
-- Randi Hicks-Rowe, Principal, Rowe Communications
Joining a PBC is a six-month commitment to evolving yourself and your work/business towards a higher functioning level with greater impact and income. They include:
- Establishing initial work/business objectives and goals to accomplish over the six months.
- An initial, 30-minute, 1-1 Coaching session by phone to clarify your goals for the six months.
- The PBCs meet twice/month:
- Once in person for a PBC working session on the last Wednesday of the month from 8:30-11:30am.
- Once via Skype for a PBC accountability session from 8-9am on the second Wednesday.
- An opportunity to address critical work/business challenges and leave with 5-7 new insightful action steps.
- A copy of our Workbook, EVOLUTIONARY Work: Unleashing Your Potential in Extraordinary Times, 250+ pages with exercises to work on during and between sessions.
- Mid-term and final evaluation to reflect on and determine your accomplishments and needs.
- A built-in accountability and partnering system with members, between sessions, to keep you on track and moving forward. You can also email the facilitator at any time with questions.
- Last but not least, a caring, supportive process that works from "your success is my success."
Registration Information for Our 2017 Purposeful Business Circles:
Dates: The first in-person PBC in the six-month series will be the last Wednesday in April on the 26th, from 8:30-11:30am, with the follow-on PBC accountability session via Skype on Wed., May 10th from 8-9am. If you miss joining our six-month series in April, you can join again on July 26th or October 25th with a six-month commitment.
Investment: Early Bird Rate: $795 (Save $100) by Monday, April 10th. After April 10th: $895.
Registration Deadline: Friday, April 21, 2017.
Current & former clients, deduct 20%; Individuals from Emerging Markets, deduct 50%. Partial scholarships are available. No refunds after deadline, but you can substitute someone.
Half the enrollment is due when you register, with the balance due your first month of attendance. Each circle limited to the first 20 individuals – ACT NOW!
Location Sponsor: Source Office Suites, 2111 Wilson Blvd., Suite 700, Arlington, VA 22201. Near the Courthouse Metro Station; street and building parking available.
Light breakfast and time to network from 8:30-9am. We start promptly at 9am.
Note: If you miss a PBC session, you can make it up at the end of your six-month series.
Money-Back Guarantee: If for any reason you are unsatisfied, we will be glad to give you a refund.
Facilitator: Patricia DiVecchio. Founder and CEO of International Purpose, Patricia operates as a business strategist, futurist, thought leader, consultant and executive coach, advancing individuals towards the evolution of self and work within their organization/business. Participants in her programs leave operating at a higher functioning level, making a greater impact in their industry as they serve their pocketbook and soul. Patricia is passionate about working in the International Development arena both with organizations and with the people they serve -- especially in Africa. She has partnered with hundreds of start-ups, established businesses and organizations in various parts of the world over the last 25 years. She has spoken at conferences and events in Washington, DC, Dakar, Senegal, London, England and Berlin, Germany to name a few. She sees herself as a student of human nature.
"Patricia is able to take us to a deep place of knowing in her sessions. She helped me to find my true wants underneath all the noise and clutter of everyday life. If you are interested in adding more meaning to your work, I suggest you check out one of her workshops or the Purposeful Business Circle."
-- Michael Smith, TeraTech, www.teratech.com
The Purposeful Business Circle (PBC) is a group economic development process and model that focuses on developing and supporting the individual, their work, and/or their organization/business. The focus of the PBC is based on the belief that as we evolve ourselves and support and challenge each other our work/business follows suit. This process is meant to leverage potential and productivity, develop viable sustainable work, and enable new business opportunities and systems to impact a larger market as it provides a good livelihood.
The philosophy of the Purposeful Business Circles is based on the following:
- Cooperatively working together is necessary for success in these complex times and in the global marketplace.
- Challenging ourselves and our outdated assumptions moves us towards higher potential, productivity, and accountable.
- Developing economic empowerment is expedited by a learning from each other model.
- Developing purposeful work is about the whole person affecting the personal, professional, spiritual, emotional, and physical aspects of each person and their work.
- Healing ourselves and others is today's business and the business of life.
The PBC three levels of development. We work to evolve/develop:
- The individual to higher potential, deeper humanity, and ultimately greater productivity.
- Their work/business so it makes a greater difference and brings a better return.
- The mental business model from which we work towards a viable sustainable supportive model.
In each PBC, we explore the following three areas:
- First, focus on the present thinking/actions needed as we look toward the future
- Use deep questioning to address life and work challenges resulting in innovative actions
- Develop key understanding and new work/business skills through the use of a new business tool kit, Seven Evolutionary Tools™, developed by Patricia DiVecchio.
In each PBC, we progress through the following four steps:
- Check-in – participants update on action steps and state a critical work issue
- Exploration of one of the Seven Evolutionary Tools™ used to inform our work/business
- Group coaching where each participant presents their issue, group coaching with challenging questions, and end with 4-5 insightful action items to implement immediately to move forward
- Check-out – participants state their key learning, key action steps, and implementation plan back at work or in their business.
"The Circle is an objective, non-judgmental forum for tackling difficult issues. I'm getting lots of thoughtful, alternative ways of thinking about my business from people with fresh eyes."
-- Denice Rothman Hinden, President, Managance Consulting